Latest Forum Posts
News : MDX - Williamstown
Music Coaches Required
An exciting opportunity exists for passionate and qualified music teachers to join a well-established children's performing arts school in Williamstown.
MDX is now one of the leading performing arts institutions for children and young adults in Victoria . Providing specialised tuition in the areas of dance, musical theatre, vocal training and drama, MDX is the ultimate one-stop -shop. MDX currently has 250 enrolled students attending a mixture of singing, dancing and drama classes. Each year our student numbers constantly increase due to an extremely professional, fun and vibrant teaching team that all work together to achieve the best results for our students and parents.
In 2010, MDX will be expanding its services and offering tuition in guitar, piano and the drums.
Key Qualities/Experience Must Include:
* Formal instrument/music qualification such as a degree, diploma, or vast industry experience
* Versatile in teaching contemporary, musical theatre, rock, and pop.
* Prior experience in teaching children &/or adults.
* Dedicated, passionate, bubbly, enthusiastic and calming with the ability to gauge individual personalities of children.
* Exceptional communication skills.
* Ability to play keyboard/piano.
Joining our Teaching faculty, your role will be to conduct private singing classes to children aged from 6 years to adult. You will assist in preparing students for performances, auditions and annual recitals.
We are seeking a staff member who most importantly are passionate and committed about teaching children and have a long-term view within the company.
Teaching days are flexible however all classes are conducted within the following shifts: Mon - Fri 4pm – 9pm and Saturday 9am – 4pm. This will be further explained during the interview process.
* $30 - $40 per hour according to level of experience
Starting Date & Holiday Entitlements:
* April 12th, 2010
* Holidays are given at the end of each term in accordance with the Victorian School Calendar.
To apply for this position please email your CV and a cover letter to:
Other : Frettin Freddy Professional Guitar Repair & Setups
Frettin_Freddy writes"Freddy is one of Melbourne's best guitar and bass repairmen Freddy has been setting up guitars and basses for 20 years.
Freddy is experienced with all types of guitars no matter what style from classical to heavy metal, jazz or blues, country and bluegrass and even banjos, mandolins and ukeleles.
No matter what your needs Frettin Freddy is there. From repair to setup, maintainence or modifications it's no problem.
Mobile: 0401 136 313"
Venues : The Chandelier Room
Live music venue.
Saturday nights - original bands (all genres)
Sunday afternoons - singer/songwriter sessions (4pm)
Our venue specifically supports live, original music!
We provide a great room and large stage, big PA sound, fully licensed bar, lounge area and pool table.
Address: 91 Cochranes Road, Moorabbin 3189
Want a gig? See the Musician FAQ section of our website.
Tuition : Melbourne Rock School
What is Melbourne Rock School?
- A School Holiday program for young musicians.
- Four days of fully supervised and facilitated learning, playing and creating.
- Instrument Tuition: Guitar, Drums, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Voice.
- The opportunity to develop, write and/or perform original compositions.
- The opportunity to perform in a rock / pop outfit (band, trio or duo) in front of an audience, in a professional venue.
- The opportunity to work with music professionals to perfect a polished performance.
- The opportunity to learn about the Australian Music Industry and how to carve out a career as either a musician or music business professional.
- A real life experience including aspects of team building and managing group dynamics.
- Workshops designed for ages 14 to 19.
For more information visit our website:"
News : GigTxt Launches “Meetup” - Successfully
gigtxt writes"GigTxt has
launched a “Meetup” where Artists and Managers from Music and Arts businesses
can come together once a month and “do” something.
The first meeting
was on Feb 16, after the Music Victoria Launch at the East Brunswick Club.
The focus of the
first month was on fans (customers) and creating a relationship with them in
this modern era, looking at Social Networking, Email Lists and how to use them
effectively. The outcomes of the session will be made available on the new
GigTxt blog http://blog.gigtxt.com.au
The idea was to
come out of the session with:
better understanding of whom your fans are, why they listen to You, over
someone else, and how best they like to be “told” about upcoming Gigs.
So your energy is
best spent on tasks and money is spent on advertising in the “right” places,
targeting the “right” people.
Ideas for topics
to cover, and “tasks” to “get done” will be open to attendees, and discussion
is available on the Meetup Site (www.meetup.com/Melb-Music-Business-Discussion/), the GigTxt Facebook (www.facebook.com/gigtxt) or Myspace
sites (www.myspace.com/gigtxt) and in the GigTxt online forum (www.gigtxt.com.au).
Next meeting is
March 9 at the GigTxt office, at the Auspicious Arts Incubator 166 Sturt St,
This month we
will look at creating a timeline for your career, working out where you are on
it, and where you want to get to.
The idea behind
this meet up; is to do, not to talk about doing.
So - bring your laptop, phone, and some ideas about what you want to achieve.
The idea will be to come out of the session with:
- A better understanding of where in your
artist/manager career path you are
- A better understanding of where you want to go
in your artist/manager career
To RSVP join the “Meetup” group, a small
administrative fee is all you pay, the program is sponsored by GigTxt and
supported by the Auspicious Arts Incubator."