Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Re-organising the Gig Guide thread
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re-organising the Gig Guide thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Website Issues & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whaddaya think?
Yay!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Nay!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Rob-CATWITCH
Gig Master
Gig Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt it ok the way it is?? *cheerz&Metal*Rob
aspenfilter
Gig Master
Gig Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuruGus wrote:
GeoffMison wrote:
GuruGus wrote:
with some instructions at the top of the post explaining the system which can be easily copy/pasted.
They did once have a calendar.... But I don't know if that's gone out the door or what...

more "Instructions" for users not to follow!! just like the Posting Etiquette - most people follow the basic rules and then there are those who think it's their "right" to do as they please...

Thanks for your input though Gus - we are working on a total re-development of the site which will also include a new gig guide section so stay tuned...
the old "Gig Guide" calendar we had was extremely buggy and we haven't been able to find a better one since..

cheers
Geoff

thanks for reading my input.

I just think its a win-win situation for everyone that posts in the Gig Guide.
I mean at the moment most of the Gig Guide is full of Gigs from the people that come here 24/7 or so and just push up theirs to the top of the heap in an attempt to get more exposure for their gig (including myself).
In collecting each of the gig's and pooling them to certain genres/dates you are pooling the exposure and there would be much less of this happening...
I realise that there can still be people breaking the rules, alas as I did in trying to bring people to comment on this topic, but I think if the gig guide system seemed more fairer less people would be inclined to break it.

That sounds like a top idea man, hope it happens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Website Issues & Suggestions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: