Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Seeking vocalist for duo - gig(s) ready
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking vocalist for duo - gig(s) ready

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajhouston

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Seeking vocalist for duo - gig(s) ready Reply with quote

I'm looking for a vocalist to form a cover duo with. I'm based in St Kilda and am looking for someone in a 10km-15km radius any direction from CBD. I have a couple of gigs lined up when lockdown allows and enough charts already written for 3 x 45 minute sets.

A little about me:
- I'm an expereinced guitarist and have played in bands and cover acts on and off for the last 15 years
- I view myself as primarily a guitarist who can sing.
- I have a full time job and career going, so this is all about having fun, the love of music and playing gigs. Not looking for it to be my bread and butter, but it will pay a little money.

Looking for:
- Someone whose main strength/focus is singing
- No prior gigging experience required
- Huge plus if you play either piano, guitar or bass as well
- Another huge plus if you already have songs/sets you can bring to the table and can write simple charts.
- Someone who is happy to split vocal duties 40/60 your way.

Duo ambition/commitment level:
- It's all about having fun, getting out and doing gigs
- Rehearsal somewhere between once a fortnight and once a week depending on gigs coming up and how much work is needed to establish a couple of sets
- Would love to eventually have a crack at writing songs if that is of interest to you
- Has option to flex into corp cover band with full band once established and running
- Expectation that we'll agree on some songs to learn each rehearsal and you come prepared or communicate that you won't be able to learn them prior to rehearsal.
- looking to split vocal duties 40/60 your way.
Style/genre:
- generally orientated toward pop with undertones of funk, soul, rock, blues/country/americana and classics. Current charts range from Dua Lipa to Anderson.Paak to the Eagles to Foo fighters
- Flexible in terms of genre to best suit mixing your musical style with mine.

Can provide audio/footage of old act as required. Email me @ Alec.houston1@gmail.com or text me on 0478 706 384.

Thanks for reading 🙂
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: