Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - AWESOME new band looking for members
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AWESOME new band looking for members
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Band members Reply with quote

Funky_Frank wrote:

This whole topic is surreal.

As you have stated in your initial post, you don't write songs, but you want Steven, a drummer, who most likely doesn't play a melodic instrument that you can write songs on, to post links to songs that "he's" written, that will fit in with songs that you are imagining.

Are you saying drummers cant write music? Thats a pretty arrogant perspective, its time to stop burping your worm. The right people for the band would be writing songs that basically reflect the sound I am imagining. From there I will be adding sublime and transformative bass lines that will make them in to amazing songs. I dont see anything strange about this.
Funky_Frank
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Band members Reply with quote

awesomebass wrote:
Are you saying drummers cant write music? Thats a pretty arrogant perspective, its time to stop burping your worm. The right people for the band would be writing songs that basically reflect the sound I am imagining. From there I will be adding sublime and transformative bass lines that will make them in to amazing songs. I dont see anything strange about this.

No, I'm not saying drummers can't write music. I myself have written a few songs, and Rob Hirst from Midnight Oil wrote most of their material. What I am saying is that it is not that common for drummers to write songs, because not many of them play guitar or piano, or any other melodic instrument.

Plus I have been in a number of bands where the bass players have contributed songs, so I find it strange that you don't have any material to show anyone what you are trying to produce.
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Band members Reply with quote

Funky_Frank wrote:

Plus I have been in a number of bands where the bass players have contributed songs, so I find it strange that you don't have any material to show anyone what you are trying to produce.

You seem incredibly arrogant to me, you have to stop flogging the flag pole.

My role in this band is to be leader, artistic director and to come up with transformative bass parts. Anyone can write songs, but not many can truly transform songs in to something amazing.
jasonbarfoot
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with funky frank and you are absurd...and am now thinking you need some serious medication ...once you've found it stay on it!!! ...you have serious issues...have you read your ad back to yourself?...mate no-one is going to want to get involved with you seriously and long term...you're ad smacks of hypocrisy..you say you are non egotistcal but you want this and you want that and you want to be leader and you write sublime transformative bass lines and while we are at it let me bring up for others to read here that you privately messaged me and wanted all of the band i was in (a 5 piece) to come and join you!!!! and for you to be leader!!!and for you to be lead bass player if there was 2 and for that bass player to follow your lead ...failing they meet your criteria we were to sack him for you to be sole bass player ...YOU ARE A **** !...and now all these prospective musos who may have thought of joining yr sect will now definitely think twice ..BYE BYE SHITHEAD
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonbarfoot wrote:
i agree with funky frank and you are absurd...and am now thinking you need some serious medication ...once you've found it stay on it!!! ...you have serious issues...have you read your ad back to yourself?...mate no-one is going to want to get involved with you seriously and long term...you're ad smacks of hypocrisy..you say you are non egotistcal but you want this and you want that and you want to be leader and you write sublime transformative bass lines and while we are at it let me bring up for others to read here that you privately messaged me and wanted all of the band i was in (a 5 piece) to come and join you!!!! and for you to be leader!!!and for you to be lead bass player if there was 2 and for that bass player to follow your lead ...failing they meet your criteria we were to sack him for you to be sole bass player ...YOU ARE A **** !...and now all these prospective musos who may have thought of joining yr sect will now definitely think twice ..BYE BYE SHITHEAD

Yes we exchanged some private messages and your attitudes were amazingly egotistical and your responses were very brittle. You weren't open to bringing in a transformative bass player and natural band leader because your massive ego wouldn't allow it. As I said it's been incredibly tough to recruit people who are completely non egotistical.

I am all about the music, thats all that matters. Unfortunately for a lot of people all they want is to control and be praised well beyond their modest and replaceable contributions. Hands Off Your Glans is supposed to be different and a collective of like minded individuals that are lead by someone with a natural talent for leadership. The members should not be hung up with receiving praise for modest contributions such as writing songs. They understand that the process is collective and great songs aren't the result of "great songwriting" they are always underpinned by amazing bass lines.
Funky_Frank
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonbarfoot
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: drummer here Reply with quote

GREAT SONGS ARE NOT ALWAYS UNDERPINNED BY GREAT BASSLINES AND ONCE AGAIN YOU CONTRADICT YRSELF WITHIN A MORONIC RESPONSE...YOU, I AM CONVINCED HAVE A VERY TENUOUS GRIP ON MUSIC IN GENERAL I FOR ONE WOULD GO NO WHERE NEAR YA ...I SPOTTED YOU A MILE OFF EVEN FROM THE FIRST INTERACTION ...I SURELY HOPE THAT IF YOU CONTINUE YOUR MUSICAL JOURNEY YOU LEARN A LITTLE MORE THAN YOU ALREADY DO
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: drummer here Reply with quote

jasonbarfoot wrote:
GREAT SONGS ARE NOT ALWAYS UNDERPINNED BY GREAT BASSLINES AND ONCE AGAIN YOU CONTRADICT YRSELF WITHIN A MORONIC RESPONSE...YOU, I AM CONVINCED HAVE A VERY TENUOUS GRIP ON MUSIC IN GENERAL I FOR ONE WOULD GO NO WHERE NEAR YA ...I SPOTTED YOU A MILE OFF EVEN FROM THE FIRST INTERACTION ...I SURELY HOPE THAT IF YOU CONTINUE YOUR MUSICAL JOURNEY YOU LEARN A LITTLE MORE THAN YOU ALREADY DO

Man you are whacking the walrus. You didnt spot anything about me, I made a great offer to you and you got totally egotistical.

On the point of great basslines underpinning great songs, I have to point out to you that McCartney was the only talented one.
jasonbarfoot
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: drummer here Reply with quote

you've lost the game of life...see ya
awesomebass
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: drummer here Reply with quote

jasonbarfoot wrote:
you've lost the game of life...see ya

You wont be missed. I'm a completely non egotistical bass player and band leader and I'm only looking for totally non egotistical members. You definitely don't fit the brief. "The Eel Wrestlers" are more your style, why not give them a call.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Drummers Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: