Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Drummer w/ Technical Death/Grindcore chops for Gameboy band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drummer w/ Technical Death/Grindcore chops for Gameboy band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kungfuepilepsy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Drummer w/ Technical Death/Grindcore chops for Gameboy band Reply with quote

Hi drummers.
I've been playing around with a couple of old Nintendo Gameboys to make music for a little while now, performing under the name KUNGFUEPILEPSY.

Originally the name was a piss-take on how metalcore kids danced at gigs.

It has always been the long term plan to expand my gameboy music to a live band, and I think I'm ready. Want to begin a collaboration with a tight and brutal and creative drummer, and then see what else it needs from there.

Looking for someone who can play tight, fast, and heavy, follow sudden timing, feel, and tempo changes, be a f**king metronome, and deal with playing with headphones.

Ultimately my aim is music that's fun and more than a bit obnoxious, but also smart and complicated. My solo Gameboy stuff is more dance/ groove based jams, but the live band stuff will and should be more like 8 bit metal/hardcore/etc. I want to do lots of short, tight and complex micro form tunes, with some having longer jammy bits. Kinda like John Zorn's Naked City and Moonchild projects, only glitchier.

Other influences I'm feeling relevant are: Fantomas, PIVIXKI, Boredoms, Hella, Death Grips,The Red Shore, Dillinger Escape Plan, Rolo Tomasi, Bruce Ditmas, Ruins, Melt Banana and maybe even Crystal Castles. I'm not super knowledgable of metal bands and drummer names, so feel free to bring something else to the table. I want this to really grow and be different.

Here's some of my solo gameboy stuff, to give you an idea of who I am.
https://soundcloud.com/kungfuepilepsy

So yeah, hit me up if this has piqued your interest. Happy to work with all genders/orientations/races etc. POC/Females/GQ names to the front. I won't work with you if you're racist/sexist/homophobic or a climate change denier.

I'm based in coburg, and study at RMIT (with studio access) in the city.

kungfuepilepsy@gmail.com
Justin is my name.
kungfuepilepsy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Up Exclamation Mr. Green
Tyrannity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an awesome project and I look forward to hearing it. Such inspired influences. Normally I wouldn't butt in like this, but if you ever decide to do tracks with vocals, Darcy from Tyrannity puts his hand up, he likes to think of himself as the intensity of Mike Patton and MC Ride in the same person and can write tongue in cheek lyrics for any style and theme. Really cool what you're doing.
kungfuepilepsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do plan to have vocals eventually, but I still don't know if I reckon I'll do my own or not. Was thinking getting a variety of guest singers, or a Melt banana type female screamer. But big thanks for your compliments. Does Darcy know you put his hand up? Or does he just speak of himself in the third person?

Also, Arrow Up bump.
Gotta be someone with the right chops for this out there.
kungfuepilepsy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: bump, bump the jam Reply with quote

Still looking.
gotta be someone out there who wants to do this.
Arrow Up
Cheesy Grin
nawt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dude.

I'm interested in being your drummer. I consider myself to be quite good at quick drumming, odd time signatures, changing tempos etc. Loving your influences you have posted too.

I am based in Boronia. Unfortunately I don't own a nice acoustic kit but I have been playing a small electronic kit, and I use my laptop to enhance the sound of the drums using Ableton effects (mostly compression and EQ to make it sound big).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Drummers Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: