Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Prog Rock Drummer Wanted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prog Rock Drummer Wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirley2112
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Prog Rock Drummer Wanted Reply with quote

Hey y'all,

I'm a bass player and vocalist in my early 30s putting together a prog rock band in the Inner North and I've put together some random riffs in Guitar Pro just to give you a vibe of my interests, you'll hear the influences coming through pretty hard:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wlt0iz75ch7ntl/Sampler.mp3?dl=0

I need a drummer who:

- is comfortable playing in different time signatures, across key changes, and dynamics;
- be located in or near the Inner North of Melbourne; and
- aged early-late 30s.

Influences include Transatlantic, Kevin Gilbert, Deep Purple, Coheed and Cambria, Porcupine Tree, Rush, Genesis, The Beatles, just to name a few. Ideally, you're comfortable with song composition, I want a real collaborative effort here; leave your egos at the door.

I'm just looking for some musos who want to make some good music, try and record stuff we like, maybe even a gig or two. I cannot stress enough how this isn't about "making it". I've got a job, a family, and other interests, and I have zero interest in pursuing a career in music. Just wanna jam once a week, and maybe do a Transatlantic style long weekend away somewhere to write and record an EP, if I find the right people.

If this sounds like something you could be into, send me a email at shirleyjackson86@gmail.com with some of your info, experience and preferably a video/audio example of your work. Also, if you've got some song/riff ideas floating around, I'll be very interested to hear them!

Cheers,
Shirl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Drummers Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: