Create an account

melband.com.au

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Looking to join or start a band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking to join or start a band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexmcdonough

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Looking to join or start a band Reply with quote

Professional musicians might want to look somewhere else. I'm after those people who want to create something weird and have fun doing it.

I'm pretty keen on getting back into music, though I've struggled to find a band in a style I really feel, so this is more an open call for anyone who's in a similar band and needs a singer or currently available musicians wanting to start one along these lines.

If I were to describe what I'm keen on...a mixture of Korn's pre label demo, Slipknot's lost or unreleased 1997 era, this popular Deftones song and the early work of this weird Japanese band. DIY, heavy on atmosphere and very roughly aggressive at times, lyrically cryptic, and favouring colourised JPGs with high contrast. A bit of metalcore and/or industrial won't go astray either.

Vocally capable of all of these styles (except maybe not quite as high as Chino). Not focused on crazy skill so much as being capable of atmosphere and emotion. I'm based in the S/E suburbs, keen to get high and contemplate weird musical places. Can't record samples anymore (my prostitute neighbour has double standards when it comes to loud noises) so it'll have to be a meet in person and jam type thing.

DM me here or add me on Discord (a crow.#1436) to discuss. If you have a band, I'd love to hear demos, but please don't send me a mass-produced message. I'm after similar-minded people, not places to send a resume.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Available All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: