Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Non egotistical bass player looking for similar band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non egotistical bass player looking for similar band
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Bassists Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awesomebass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Non egotistical bass player looking for similar band Reply with quote

Hey There,

My name is Josh and I have been playing bass for many years. I have been in a lot of bands, but they all seemed to fall apart because of arrogant egomaniacs. I am looking to start a band or join an existing band. Unfortunately Melband has some really arrogant tossers who were talking down my attempts to start a band, so I am broadening my search to existing bands looking for members.

I am looking for a band that clearly is a collaboration and therefore I dont want to be in a band where people get hung up on who is the major song writing contributor. I bring A LOT to a band and have a great sense of time and what works with a piece of music. I really believe my playing adds A LOT of energy and can really make or break a song. A good example of my playing and its ability to make a piece of music (just some pretty dull guitar) can be heard here - https://soundcloud.com/the-solution-to-arrogance/demo-one

I am 51 years old but I am more than happy to play with people much younger. I think playing with younger people is a great way for me to connect with a younger audience, especially if the band has members who crowds find physically attractive.

I have great people skills and management skills and I would be a natural choice for band leader. I also have a great sense of what sound would be successful and expect that a truely egoless band would happily let me call the shots about the sound and direction of the band.

Private message me if you want to meet up and jam!

Josh
awesomebass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Up
RainKing1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.jonnymaldonado.bandcamp.com
Scrubbers

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man... melband is full of arrogant tossers!!!
awesomebass

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrubbers wrote:

Very true. And the amount of psychological projection that goes on in amazing. I had bands call me arrogant!! They were so hung up with their own egos that they couldnt handle taking me on as a natural choice for band leader, creative director and spokesperson!
Bonedaddy
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the irony
johnnyGoode
Gig Ready
Gig Ready

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesomebass wrote:
Scrubbers wrote:

Very true. And the amount of psychological projection that goes on in amazing. I had bands call me arrogant!! They were so hung up with their own egos that they couldnt handle taking me on as a natural choice for band leader, creative director and spokesperson!

I'm curious as to what you mean when you say band leader? In what sense? songwriting, organizing gigs, getting everyone together, calling all the shots? How do you mean exactly....

Are you writing lyrics and chord progressions? are you writing full songs are wanting a band to play them with you on bass?
awesomebass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyGoode wrote:

I'm curious as to what you mean when you say band leader? In what sense? songwriting, organizing gigs, getting everyone together, calling all the shots? How do you mean exactly....

Are you writing lyrics and chord progressions? are you writing full songs are wanting a band to play them with you on bass?

I am a natural choice for the person making the creative calls, setting the direction, look and basic responsibilities such as talking to the press. Organising gigs, and those general administrative band activities will be delegated to my nominated assistant, most likely the lead guitarist or vocalist.

I dont write any music or lyrics per say. If you listened to the demo I had the link to it should be instantly clear that my bass parts transform songs in to something pretty amazing. I am really not interested in being part of a band where people get hung up on who wrote the songs. Thats just ridiculously arrogant. What is important is which part makes the songs amazing. My bass parts are the special sauce that transforms a song.
RocketSurgery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Man, where do I begin.. Reply with quote

Just happened upon this. Forgive me if I seem overly critical, but you could probably come back down to earth on a few things. This is not something I love doing by any stretch, but here goes..

First and foremost, it seems to me as though you are oblivious to your own glaring ego shining it's overbearing light through everything you say...while complaining of the conceited attitudes of other musicians. The irony and hypocrisy is a little on the nose. A long look in the mirror and a rethink is essential.

Secondly, your approach does not ring true of somebody I would trust with the most intricate areas of my band. Who are you to say without doubt that you are the first choice to handle these things? Some of us are business savvy and charismatic enough to do more than a serviceable job of it. Once the whole team is happy with the protocol. A band in my view is a democracy, not a freakin dictatorship. Unless you're paying a megaFton of $$ and I'm obliged. Hint hint. You're probably not that guy.

Lastly, where is this 'special sauce' performance that you speak of? I'm still looking for it. Sure, I'm 30 and have probably been playing a lot less time, but I could confidently say I could help you fill this piece out a lot more, and it wouldn't take anything out of this world.
Having to sit through sub-par guitar playing with a jarring, horrid tone and waiting for the magic you promised to deliver isn't my idea of a good time. I only heard a repetitive, meandering background thump with little dynamic to speak of. You really really really need to change ya damn strings!! What I heard wasn't all that imaginative and it kinda went nowhere in particular and didn't really serve its purpose, I.e. being the glue that holds that sloppy mess together. I will concede however that guitarist is horrendous and you had your work cut out - but your spiel had me expecting a LOT more.

As a rebuttal, kudos on making me put on my analytical thinking cap on order to dissect this. It's been quite a long time between drinks.

Cheers.
EatenByASandwich

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Man, where do I begin.. Reply with quote

RocketSurgery wrote:
It's been quite a long time between drinks.

Cheers.

Maybe a table closer to the bar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Bassists Available All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: