Create an account

Open Mic @ Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Singer (40+-ish M) wanted for band, Northern suburbs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Singer (40+-ish M) wanted for band, Northern suburbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluesuede

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Singer (40+-ish M) wanted for band, Northern suburbs Reply with quote

We are a group of 40-something professionals who have all played in a number of bands over the years, and have put together a new band late last year simply for the fun of playing. Completely casual, designed to fit around our work commitments, at most rehearsing every couple of weeks or so, and doing a gig when we feel in the mood to perform. It's more about the music over some pizza and beer and a few laughs.

Starting off with cover material with a view to introducing some original content. Our line up consists of a lead guitarist, guitarist/keyboardist, bass player and a drummer. Vocals at this point are shared between the two guitarists, however we have decided a dedicated lead singer would suit us better.

We are looking for a like minded professional who is seeking his or her musical outlet and is not fazed by an occasionally infrequent rehearsal schedule.

We're not a pointy neck guitar band, not really interested in metal. Our focus is largely rock and blues. You can suggest some covers you'd like to introduce and original content is welcomed from all. Some examples of material/artists we've looked at are: Gary Moore (Still got the blues, Walking by Myself), Tom Petty (Breakdown), Foo Fighters (Learn to Fly), Cold Chisel (Forever Now), Elvis Costello (What's so funny about peace love and understanding), Stevie Wright (Evie Part One), Free (All Right Now), Smiths (How Soon is Now), Zoot (Eleanor Rigby), Thin Lizzy (Boys are Back In Town), Aynsley Lister (Soundman), Doobie Brothers (China Grove), CCR (Fortunate Son), Lynyrd Skynyrd (Sweet Home Alabama) - as you can see, pretty varied. My interests lean more towards the traditional rock band and blues, however we've a good mix of interests and we're pretty inclusive.

Rehearsals are either at GM Sound in Campbellfield, which is just off the ring road, or another private venue nearby.

If this sounds like it may interest you then please send me a PM with your contact details - and if you have some examples of your work, all the better. Obviously wed like an experienced singer, with a good vocal range, (the higher range stuff is killing me) but who is a little past the dreaming of fronting an international touring band. If you, like us, have a day job and family and just want the enjoyment of getting to rehearse your craft in a casual environment and occasionally do a gig or two, then wed be keen to hear from you!

What would be a plus would be if you also happen to play the sax or harmonica but not a requirement. And just to be clear, we are not looking for another rhythm guitarist so if youre looking to play guitar while you sing, this probably isnt for you.

The age suggestion is just a suggestion - you can be younger but I just want to ensure the understanding is that we're not looking to be gigging twice a week nor looking for a record deal. This is a pretty laid back undertaking :-)

PM me!
NICOLASCHRISTIAN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case if someone need a singer for a band. From france. I sing rnb, soul, pop, carribean music.

For fun in french language and raggae demo

https://soundcloud.com/christian-nicolas-1/krys

https://soundcloud.com/christian-nicolas-1/papoutai-version-krys
Bluesuede

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump - still looking.

Those that have PM'd me - if you, like me, don't get email notifications of new PMs then please make sure you check your inbox. I've replied to several of you and the replies are sitting unread.

Also - if you have any demos of your singing I'd greatly appreciate you providing a link.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Vocalists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: