Create an account

Ludwig Drums at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - 25 y/o Alt/indie/ambient/pop
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

25 y/o Alt/indie/ambient/pop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Drummers Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukeyBurns

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: 25 y/o Alt/indie/ambient/pop Reply with quote

Some of my influences and music I like:
Sigur Růs, Smashing Pumpkins, Tycho, Jůhann Jůhannsson, Max Richter, Warpaint, TORRES, Radiohead, Nils Frahm, London Grammar, Placebo, Deftones, Garbage, TT, Two People, Daughter, A Perfect Circle, Primus, Slow Dive, HAIM, Cub Sport, The XX, Portishead, Buddy Rich, Interpol, #1 Dads, No Mono

My taste in music is eclectic and I definitely like to make music all along the dynamic range. One reason I love the Pumpkins, for example, is their range of contentófrom hard rock and Goth metal, to sweet lullabies, pop, and Shoegaze. If itís good I like to listen to and play it, whether itís short or long, loud or soft.

Iím open to joining or collaborating with something pre-existing but if I were to start something new it would be in the alt-rock/ambient/indie/pop area. Something interesting that isnít afraid of the delicate and pretty, or the ambient, or the high-octane, high-energy stuff. I know beggars canít be choosers, but I would love to work with a strong female singer.

I have played a bit before, most recently as one half of Seattle Fix (thereís some stuff on Spotify if youíre curious) and try to practice as much as I can. Iím definitely not interested in playing with people who donít care for practicing and think they can wing it. I regularly do click practice, have some studio experience, and generally like to make sure everything is the best it can be. Iím not super great, but Iíve started to upload some of my drumming to Instagram if you want to have a listen:
https://www.instagram.com/chillversion3/

I work part-time at a rehearsal studio in Burwood, which is where I typically rehearse with others.

Iíd like to stick to my age group, give or take.
Not interested in cover bands.

I would love to hear something of yours if it's possible

The things
Male
SE suburbs (happy to travel within reason)
Own gear/transport (playing a five piece Sonor kit at the moment but will receive shipment of a new six-piece Pearl Masters Reserve later this year)

Lukevburns8@gmail.com

Hmu

Thanks,
Luke
LukeyBurns

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add post-rock

Still looking!
LukeyBurns

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still keeping my eyes open
Joflo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: original and imperfect singer-songwriter... Reply with quote

Hi Luke,

I may be 6 years older than you but you might like my stuff?

www.soundcloud.com/welikerecords

I really just want to gig and for that I need a band.

I live Northside but will travel if it's worth it.

Thanks ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Drummers Available All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: