Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Guitarist + backing vocalist for Sludge / Doom band
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitarist + backing vocalist for Sludge / Doom band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyMortis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Guitarist + backing vocalist for Sludge / Doom band Reply with quote

GUITARIST / BACKING VOX FOR SLUDGE BAND WANTED

Dissociation Plight is looking for 2nd guitarist and backing vocalist (desired) to complete our thunderous ensemble. We're recording the follow up release to our single 'Jupiter' in the next month and will be looking to do shows shortly after.

The 2nd guitarist will be tackling more melodic parts and sharing the load when it comes to solos. It's not technically difficult, but your musical chemistry with the band will need to be on point. You'll need to have a good 'feel' for heavy music. We're talking slow, massive, down-tuned annihilation.

Vocally, you will need to be able to harmonies (think Alice in Chains) and do death growls. This isn't going to be too demanding but keep this in mind. Give our single 'Jupiter' a listen to give you an idea of the harmonies.

We play slow, but our upcoming release is going to be quite varied in terms of tempo and 'feel' (even ballads!). There is one common theme though - the songs are riff driven. This is a riff band. All hail the riff. Also nearly every song will be roughly 10 - 15 minutes long (we'll probably play 3-4 songs per show).

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

- Your own gear: we play loud, you'll need at least a 50w (the more the better) amp and a 4x12 cab. Some modulation pedals will also help for our spacey sections.
- A guitar tuned to C
- A car: I'd love to be able to drive you around but I'm playing tetris in my own car atm and it stopped being fun a while ago
- A good attitude! The band gets along really well and we need someone reliable and down to earth

If you like bands like Sleep, Yob, Black Sabbath, Alice in Chains, Tool etc., this is for you.

We have tabs and demos for all of our music (incl unreleased content). We rehearse and are based in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne.Shoot me (Johnny) a message if you're interested at dissociationplight@gmail.com. Cheers!

Here's our debut single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqywRZkGp0g&t=4s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Wanted All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: