Create an account

Pony Music Recording Studio

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - Experienced and open-minded guitarist / keys keen to start
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Experienced and open-minded guitarist / keys keen to start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcusPulkas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Experienced and open-minded guitarist / keys keen to start Reply with quote

Greetings all,

Iím recently finding myself without a group to collaborate with after 6 years and am keen to keep the jams rolling.

My most recently disbanded group has released an EP last year which can be found here: https://open.spotify.com/album/1d2J1Mbh6QTypdMdJ4miRJ?si=AlTpfdiYRBi4AvFuloCS5Q

Some playing reference of myself, not necessarily indicative of the style I'm after, but just for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMeYhXmQbQ4

I am a guitarist primarily, but have extensive experience in Reason, Logic and Ableton and can navigate my way around a sampler and keys. I'm located in Brunswick East but am willing to drive reasonable distances to meet up.

Iím into many musical styles and am very open-minded. Ideally Iíd like to play in a shoegaze or prog-rock type of group, but really as long as people are dedicated and open-minded, Iím keen to start something or join. Iíve had 18+ years of experience playing in groups and done some small touring in the States as well.

Influences range from Minus The Bear, Battles, Russian Circles, Jawbox, Dismemberment Plan, Deafheaven, Sun Kil Moon, Modest Mouse, Slowdive, Eluvium, Alcest, Maps and Atlases, Hot Snakes, Cocteau Twins, Replacements, etc to old school soul music and everything in between.

Hit me up if youíre keen!

- Marcus
0421 741 508

Last edited by MarcusPulkas on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarcusPulkas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding an example video here ó not necessarily indicative of the style I want to play, but just for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMeYhXmQbQ4
MarcusPulkas

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Up
Bergin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marcus,
Im the drummer in a new rock n roll band looking for a guitarist, we've been together for a few months, we sorta got together knowing each other from other original bands, the couple of guitarists haven't worked out, but we just keep writing(we all write equally), so we generally record a new one every week with the bass player playing guitar.
So yeah if you're interested I can send a couple of tunes through to ya mate.
Cheers
Dan
Tom1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marcus! Iím putting together a band to serve a church in northern suburbs of Melbourne, Craigieburn to be precise. We need musicians to support our new band. Saw your ad and I felt thisís the type of guy weíre after. Are you interested and available? Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks, Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> Guitarists Available All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: