Create an account

G&L Guitars and Basses at Pony Music

MELBAND: Forums

:: AUSBAND :: :: View topic - FS - Diezel Herbert
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS - Diezel Herbert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> For Sale/Wanted Items
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdmay
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: FS - Diezel Herbert Reply with quote

Up for sale here is a 2010 Diezel Herbert freshly retubed with a matched set (x6) of JJ KT77s (factory recommended) and Tung Sol 12AX7s.

This amp does it all!

Channel 1 has those killer cleans that remain clear at almost any volume. Super high headroom and sounds amazing with FX.

Channel 2 is the reason why many buy this amp. Simply incredible driven sounds. In the ď-ď setting, you can get a tight but light crunch, great for single coils and drives nicely with buckers. In the ď+Ē mode, itís one of the best modern rock tones available today. Iíve owned the VH4 and the Herbert at the same time and whilst the VH4 had 4 amazing channels, Ch2+ mode is the reason I kept the Herbert. Itís bigger, tighter and thicker.

Channel 3 continues where Ch2+ mode finishes and has more gain and more compression, perfect for fluid but clear lead tones. It can be equally used for Rhythm sound for those wanting that extra sizzle and compression.

The Mid Cut is what sets this amp apart from most others. Deceptively named, the Mid Cut actually can act as a Mid Boost with the Intensity set all the way off. With the Level control, you get an active Mid Boost for solos and thatís before engaging the 2nd Master Volume! This is how I would use this feature and Iíve seen artists like Erik Steckel use it in this way also, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB3bR8jE1eI

https://www.facebook.com/eric.m.steckel/videos/10210419525906245/

But you can also use the Mid Cut for the more traditional Metal Mid Scoop, which is does very well particularly leveraged the 180w power section for a huge metal tone.

To top off the feature list, the Herbert contains the industry leading Serial or Parallel effects loops. In addition, one of the Serial loops is MIDI switchable, so it can be disengaged at any time.

And donít let the 180w fool you, this has one of the best Master Volumes Iíve ever heard in an amp. Iíve actually used this exceptionally well at bedroom levels given the massive amounts of preamp gain.

Everything can be controlled via MIDI and itís incredibly easy to program.

Most importantly, this amp has the Factory Dekompression Mod, which removes the loading on the Cathode Follower. Anyone who has played a VH4 or Herbert with this stock factory setting can attest to the lack of punch and mid clarity resulting from this circuit. Diezel recently stopped including this in their amps due to customer feedback and I can confirm that this amp does not have this feature and you can tell straight away.

The amp comes with a road case for shipping, but is located in Box Hill South so a Melbourne deal is preferred.

Price is $3,250 plus shipping. Only selling as I have plenty of modern high gain amps (Uberschall and SLO) and I'd like to try something different.

I would prefer cash but open to trades for the following:

- Bogner XTC
- Carol Ann or other D style
- Cornford
- Wizard MC or MTL
- Other Boutique Amps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUAo_Nmw4zM&t=652s

kdmay
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Up Arrow Up
kdmay
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GASing for a Bogner Helios if anyone wants to trade
kc_ksom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdmay

Great amp - Eric is one to watch - did you happen to watch Eric Steckel last Aussie visit ?? I watched him up here - unbelievable

Casey
kdmay
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a killer player for sure! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see him. Next time definitely

kc_ksom wrote:
kdmay

Great amp - Eric is one to watch - did you happen to watch Eric Steckel last Aussie visit ?? I watched him up here - unbelievable

Casey
kdmay
Rehearsing
Rehearsing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    :: AUSBAND :: Forum Index -> For Sale/Wanted Items All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: